Anti Discrimination & Equal Opportunities policy for MUDEFORD PHOENIX G.L.F.C.
As the governing body of the game, The Football Association is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the game at every level.
Football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, everyone equally. Our commitment is to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
The following policies are at the heart of MUDEFORD PHOENIX activities.
1. MUDEFORD PHOENIX is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level. Football belongs to and should be enjoyed by everyone, equally. Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
2. Equality of opportunity at MUDEFORD PHOENIX means that in all our activities we will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
3. This includes:
1. The advertisement for volunteers.
2. The selection of candidates for volunteers.
4. External coaching and education activities and awards.
5. Football development activities.
6. Selection for teams.
7. Appointments to honorary positions.
4. MUDEFORD PHOENIX will not tolerate sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal, and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
5. MUDEFORD PHOENIX is committed to the development of the programme of ongoing training and awareness raising events and activities, in order to promote the eradication of discrimination within its own organisation, and within football as a whole.
6. MUDEFORD PHOENIX commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice cease forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of any member accused of discrimination
7. Any member found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith. Since discrimination in its many forms is against the Football Club's policy, any members offending will be dealt with under the disciplinary procedure.
END OF POLICY